The McVay Counseling Center
“All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.” 2 Cor. 1:3-4
The McVay Counseling Center is located at 2305 McVay Road, right around the corner from Germantown United Methodist Church. Just north of the Owings Life Enrichment Center (OLEC) parking lot, take 2nd St. to McVay Rd. The Center is located at 2nd Street and McVay Rd,.
The goal of McVay Counseling Center is to provide quality, affordable counseling from a Christian perspective for members of the church family and community. This ministry is undergirded by the belief that as persons experience pain and emotional turmoil in their lives, the church is an appropriate place to turn. The Center seeks to reach the entire community with a message of hope and healing, regardless of faith, religious preference, or background.
• Individual counseling dealing with mood, emotional turmoil, self-esteem, grief, depression
• Family and adolescent counseling related to parenting, school, discipline, and/or peer relationships
• Marriage and family counseling
• Grief counseling
• Divorce recovery
• Career counseling
• Clinical hypnosis for pain management, panic attacks, phobias, unwanted habits, etc.
• Premarital counseling
• Groups: grief support, pain management, mothers of teens, parents of dysfunctional adult children, new moms support group, analysis groups (all groups on a rotating schedule, call for information)
• Seminars (see information in church newsletters)