Welcome! Germantown United Methodist Women (GUMW)
Germantown United Methodist Women (GUMW) is the women’s group at Germantown United Methodist Church. We are women of all ages and races. Women who work, stay-at-home moms, empty nesters, and women who are retired and starting a new season on life. We encourage one another to grow spiritually, to engage in service, to develop our gifts and talents, and to use them for the support of others in need. We also enjoy an incredible community of fellowship. GUMW offers numerous activities throughout the year that all women are invited to participate in. We host:
- The annual Lent by Candlelight event which prepares us for the season of Lent
- 5 speaker events each year where we enjoy a delicious meal and uplifting and encouraging speakers
- 4 major fundraisers each year to raise money for local missions
– The Spring Bridge and Games Benefit
– The Children’s Consignment Sales (Spring and Fall)
– The Cinnamon Roll Bake
– The Christmas Cookie Shoppe
We are empowered by the history and heritage of the United Methodist Women, an organization that was founded in 1869.
The following ministries are supported by GUMW
- Alturas Ministry
- Church Women United
- Dress for Success
- Forrest Spence Fund
- Golden Cross
- Hannah’s Hope
- Memphis Business Academy
- Methodist Healthcare Auxiliary
- Room in the Inn – Memphis
- UMNC & Miriam Day Care Center
- Urban Ministry Initiative
- Weekend Food Program
- Wesley Foundation (Campus Ministry)
NEWS & EVENTS
Come join us!
Children’s Consignment Sale
Tuesday, September 11 | 11:30 a.m.
Meet & Greet
Sunday, September 16 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. | Fellowship Hall
Cinnamon Roll Bake
Tuesday, November 13 | 11:30 a.m.
Christmas Cookie Shoppe
Saturday, December 8 | 9:00 a.m.
Tuesday, December 11 | 10:30 a.m.