Food, Clothing, and Other Items Needed
1. GUMC provides our guests with a new T-shirt, underwear, and socks each night we host. Unfortunately, we cannot accept donations of shoes or other clothing due to limited space. To donate men’s boxer shorts, women’s underwear, sports bras, t-shirts, gloves, hats and scarves (all sizes welcome) leave donations in drawer marked RITI near the Fellowship Hall. Items can also be purchased on our Amazon Wishlist by clicking here. Go to www.roomintheinn-memphis.org for more information. Contact Alise Davis at 901-496-6402 for volunteer opportunities.
2. Non-perishable food items (esp. canned tuna or chicken, Vienna sausage and peanut butter) are needed for St. John’s UMC’s Food Pantry. There is a collection tub daily at the Information Center area and on the first Sunday of each month tubs are at the 3 main church entrances. Contact Mark Schielke at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
3. There is a collection tub daily at the Information Center area for new or clean, slightly used causal men and women clothing (esp. jeans and athletic shoes) and personal hygiene products (unopened soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and deodorant) for Manna House. Contact Charles Clark at email@example.com for more information.
4. Dress for Success provides professional business attire to disadvantaged women. Contact the organization at 363-3100 to donate clean, slightly used, work appropriate clothing.
5. Memphis Suit Project provides professional business attire to disadvantaged men. Contact the organization at 537-3100 to donate new and used suits, sports coats, shirts and ties.