MOUNTAIN T.O.P.—Fall Adults In Ministry (AIM)
It is time to make plans to do good work and witness God’s beautiful fall foliage on the Cumberland Plateau. There are five weekends to choose from and each weekend begins Thursday at 5 PM and ends Sunday at 8 AM.
Week 1-10/3-10/6, Week 2-10/10-10/13, Week 3-10/17-10/20,
Week 4-10/24-10/27, Week 5-10/31-11/3
Those you serve will be blessed. The blessing you receive will be greater.
For reservation and more information go to www.mountain-top.org or call 931-692-3999
GUMC wants to put together a group for the weekend of October 17-20. If you are interested contact Doug Warner @ 901-755-9729
The Kenya team has returned and the trip was a huge success. They did great work in a short period of time.
- Built a Kenyan house for an orphan and his elderly grandmother (see photo below)
- Painted a new emergency room corridor at Maua Methodist Mission Hospital
- Taught classes with crafts and Christian content at our school for orphans in the village of Athiru Gaiti. (The kids were on break… but they called in all the 400 students and 11 teachers just for us). They also donated 400 tooth brushes to the kids along with a variety of school supplies.
- Conducted a medical clinic in a remote area where they assisted with: blood pressure screening, diabetes screening, malaria testing, and, along with the hospital eye clinic specialist, evaluated and gave away over 100 pairs of reading glasses.
- Administered de-worming pills to the 400 students at the orphans school and to another school with 370 students.
- Painted dorm rooms at the Watoto wa Ahadi (children of promise) rescue center in the village of Gaaka and heard testimony from kids. The center rescues kids living on the street with no home and gives them a place to live, school, teaches them to farm, with strong Christian teachings… each of them said how thankful they were to God for saving them from the streets and giving them new life.
Thank you, Ed Clarke, for leading the team and thank you, each team member, by showing the love of Jesus through good work. Welcome home and God Bless.
TEAM READ — Sign Up NOW!!
What better way to show Chrisitan Caring than to help a second grader become proficient in a basic requirement of everyday life. You may choose any day, Monday through Thursday, one day a week one hour (2 students for 30 minutes each) the same students each week. For more information contact Jackie Flaum, a member of GUMC at firstname.lastname@example.org.