Monday Monthly Book Club | 10:30 AM – Noon | Room 338
June 26 | Etched in Sand | Regina Calcaterra
July 24 | In the Kingdom of Ice | Hampton Sides
August 28 | The Dove Keepers | Alice Hoffman
September 25 | Kind of Kin | Rilia Askew
October 23 | The Life We Bury | Allen Eskens
November 27 | Beale Street Dynasty | Preston Lauterbach
January 22, 2018 | One of Ours | Willa Cather
No registration needed, just purchase the book (or check-out from the library) and join us for a spirited discussion!
Men’s Sonrise Prayer Group | Tuesdays | 6:30-7:15 AM | Room 338
This weekly men’s fellowship is open to all men interested in sharing prayer concerns and discussing topics of interest as relates to our relationship with Christ. Discussion typically revolves around a book of interest chosen by the group. For more information visit http://gumcsonrise.shutterfly.com or email Skip Miller at hwmillerjr@Hotmail.com.
Rutherford Intercessory Prayer Group | Wednesdays | 6:30-7 AM | Room 342
This group is open to all GUMC men for a mid-week time of devotion, fellowship, and intercessory prayer. The prayer group offers prayers for those on our congregational prayer list and for friends and needs outside the church. Our ministry includes sending cards to each person to let them know they are in our prayers, and visiting those who are in the hospital or away for an extended time. We meet every Wednesday morning. After adjourning for the morning, many of the members enjoy breakfast and fellowship at a nearby restaurant. For more information about the group or to ask for prayer, please contact Jimmy Wright (email email@example.com, phone 848-9737) or Randy Lewis (email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 354-4875).
Wednesday Nights at GUMC
The popular midweek venue featuring fellowship, classes, Chancel Choir rehearsal, and programming for all ages. Upcoming dates to be determined.
New this year: from 6:00-6:30 there will be a worship service for children, youth, and families in the chapel. This service is intended to offer an alternative worship experience to meet the needs of children and youth. There will be music, a lesson, and worship response designed especially for these age groups. Families are encouraged to attend together, but children and youth are invited to attend unaccompanied. Don’t have children or youth? No problem! Come and join us if you would like to experience worship in a new way.
We have Wednesday night programming for children ages two through high school.
• Preschool-aged children are invited to the Hamilton Nursery area for curriculum and games beginning at 6:30. Childcare begins at 6:30.
• Elementary Expedition: EE is a children’s ministry equivalent of youth group. Elementary children are invited to meet in “The Huddle” at 5:30 for a “kid-friendly” dinner ($3.00/child at the door. Online reservations required.) After dinner, we will move to family worship in the chapel. Following worship, we will move into small groups for more lesson and games. We finish at 7:15 in the children’s wing. (For parents taking classes that extend to 7:30, we will gladly keep your child until you have completed your evening class.)
• Middle School youth will meet at the OLEC and head over to the Prescott House for games, snacks, and small groups. At the end of the semester we’ll go somewhere off campus! 6:00 – 7:00
• High School youth will meet off-campus 7:00-8:30. Snacks and small groups!
• Adult Classes and Chancel Choir meet in the Hamilton Ministry Center starting at 6:30.