1. Click on the registration link above. When you reach the web page, click JOIN. You will have to create a consignor number even though you are a volunteer (or you can do both – volunteer AND consign!) The consignor number can be any combination of numbers.
2. Once you join, click VOLUNTEER on the left side of the page, and it will take you to the sign-up page.
Here, you will find various volunteer time slots, with a job description for each slot. Sign up for all of the slots you would like!
3. Volunteer and help us make a difference! Our sale’s proceeds supports so many worthy missions, in addition to serving as a valuable community resource. Thank you for your help!
Volunteers who serve 8 or more hours get to shop early at 5:30 p.m. during our presale event on Thursday, August 26. Volunteers with 4 or more hours get to shop early at 6:00 p.m. during our presale event.
1. When your shift begins, please sign in at the desk just inside the gym doors (not the desk as you enter the OLEC). One of our volunteer trainers will give you directions about what you will be doing and answer any questions you may have.
2. Most volunteer jobs will require lots of walking (especially drop-off and sort). Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing. If you are working the floor during the sale, you will wear an apron as a uniform that we will provide you.
3. When you arrive at the OLEC, please do not park up front unless needed for medical reasons. Please park close to West Street or along the sides of the OLEC. We try to provide close parking for our shoppers and consignors who are dropping off or carrying large loads of items to their cars.
4. We ask that you don’t “shop” during your volunteer hours. If you are working during the public sale and want to come early to shop (as long as it is during sale hours), you can pay for your items before your shift begins and we will provide bags for you to store your items behind the desk.
5. Please try to arrive on time for your shift so that we can make sure we have enough volunteers on the floor at all times.
6. If you are not a consignor and want to shop early on Thursday, we will have your name on a clip board at our pre-sale event so you don’t need to come early to get a pass.
8+ volunteer hours – begin shopping early at 5:30 p.m.
4+ volunteer hours – begin shopping early at 6:00 p.m.
7. If something comes up and you are unable to volunteer, please email us at email@example.com as soon as possible and let us know so we can fill your spot.
Again, thank you for volunteering with us! We hope to make this the biggest sale yet and provide lots of support and supplies for our wonderful missions and charities. Please reach out with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.