Germantown United Methodist Church has the following open positions:
- Assistant Director – Health And Recreation Ministry
- Administrative Assistant
- Landscaper/Building Maintenance
For more details about these positions, please call the church office 901.754.7216 and ask to speak with Scott Alford
We have a great staff at GUMC. We hope that you’ll consider joining.
Germantown United Methodist Church has a position available for an Administrative Assistant for a specified ministry area.
This is a full-time position. Hours are M-F 8:30-4:30.
Requirements include competency with Word, Excel, Publisher or an equivalent, ability to create and maintain computer-based forms and records, ability, or ability to learn how to maintain and modify ministry web sites, ability to communicate readily in English, appropriate telephone presence.
Pay and benefits are competitive with ability and experience.
To apply, contact Scott Alford
Administrative Assistant: (part time)
Duties include: Welcome Center: Provide a warm and friendly presence to greet visitors, provide first contact general information and directions, direct inquires and related duties. Create weekly worship bulletins, monthly newsletters, occasional flyers, and program brochures for GUMC.
Skill Requirements: Desire to see God’s reign extend into every aspect of church activity. Telephone Etiquette. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Outlook) Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
To apply, contact Scott Alford
The General Maintenance Worker will perform general maintenance and repairs for assigned equipment and facilities including plumbing, electrical, basic carpentry, heating and cooling, and other building systems.
* Inspects and identifies equipment or machines in need of repair.
* Troubleshoots issues to determine necessary repairs.
* Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures.
* Performs routine maintenance on building systems.
* Cleans and assists with upkeep of the facilities.
* Mows lawns, trims weeds, and rakes leaves as assigned.
* Trims bushes, shrubs, and hedges.
* Plants, cuts, and removes trees as needed.
* Applies fertilizer, pesticides, and herbicides as directed.
* Completes snow removal tasks such as shoveling sidewalks, steps, and doorways as needed during winter months.
* Performs routine maintenance on power equipment.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior maintenance workers.
* Ability to operate landscaping equipment including lawnmowers, trimmers, blowers, etc.
* Knowledge of general carpentry and repair.
* Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Education and Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Related experience preferred.
* On-the-job training offered.
* Prolonged periods standing and walking.
* Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time